Due to the release of the PS4 and Xbone, I'm going to have to go back and adjust 2012 numbers. Also, the bevy of holiday releases makes this a complicated month. Therefore, the following numbers are even more guesswork than usual. At least at the time of this writing.
- Stream - 5.3 million
- Eclipse - 5.1 million
- Revolution - 3.3 million
- Pluto - 4.1 million
- Game Boy 3DS - 11.8 million
- Game Boy Nitro - 1.0 million
- Pokemon X/Y - 7.6 million
- Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 3.3 million
- Grand Theft Auto 5 - 3.3 million
- Monster Hunter 4 - 2.9 million
- Tomb Raider - 2.9 million
- Assassin's Creed: Black Flag - 2.7 million
- New Super Mario World - 2.1 million
- Batman: Arkham Origins - 2.0 million
- FIFA 14 - 1.9 million
- Call of Duty: Ghosts - 1.8 million
- New Super Mario Bros 2 - 1.7 million
- Friends Collection: New Life - 1.5 million
- Skylanders: Swap Force - 1.5 million
- Killer Instinct 3 - 1.4 million
- Mario Kart 3D - 1.3 million
- The Last of Us - 1.3 million
- Dragon Quest 7 - 1.2 million
- NBA 2K14 - 1.1 million
- Metal Gear Rising - 1.0 million
- Super Mario 3D Bros. - 1.0 million
- Due to the recent disappointment of Mario Party sales IRL, it is no longer a best-seller, even with its launching in March. Also note that these are fairly close to total numbers for the year, with the biggest changes likely to occur being the emergence of a few more late releases and games like 3D Bros rising further up.
- I have little idea what to think of the abysmal sales reception of Sonic: Lost World for the Wii U in real life. Even with the greater 3DS sales added in, Lost World hasn't reached a quarter million yet. I guess I'll apply the same formula I did to Sonic 06 on the Pluto.
- In general, Sega's Eclipse has only done as well as it has thanks to exclusivity of a couple of 3rd party games and being slightly more powerful at the same cost as the Stream. Other than NBA 2K14, Sega doesn't actually have a first party hit for the Eclipse yet, whereas Nintendo has a couple of Mario platformers, New... World and 3D Bros, in addition to Killer Instinct 3. So far though, the biggest hits are multiplatform games like GTA, CoD, TR, B:AO, and AC:BF.