Today's emphasis is on cancellations of the past decade. Let's look for inspiration from these unfinished projects.
During their ongoing demise prior to 2013, THQ began developing an Avengers game for the PS3 and X360 to coincide with the Marvel movie released the same year. The studio responsible was THQ Australia, with some aid from Blue Tongue Enertainment. They planned on making a game that focused on controlling the team's members in a first-person perspective, using a story distinct from the film's. There would also be a strong element of cooperative play, with the campaign supporting up to four players online and locally.
The game was eventually cancelled in 2011 with the closure of both studios, but a fair amount of footage for the gam…
Read more >
Taking a look at real events to consider.
- August 12 - PT, the playable teaser for Silent Hills is released. The game is cancelled by April.
- October 11 - New Nintendo 3DS is released in Japan. Europe and America get it in Early 2015.
- November 6 - Microsoft purchases Mojang of Minecraft fame.
- March 4 - Elecrtronic Arts closes Maxis.
- March 17 - Nintendo announces a partnership with DeNA.
- July 11 - Satoru Iwata, President of Nintendo, passes away due to medical complications.
- September 14 - Nintendo gets an organizational overhaul. Tatsumi Kimishima becomes President and the EAD and SPD divisions are merged into a single EPD division.
Feel free to add comments and additions.Read more >
- Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - Q1
- Mario Party 10 - Q1
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - Q1
- Splatoon - Q2
- Code Name: STEAM - Q2
- Rhythm Heaven: Best Plus - Summer
- Yoshi's Woolly World - Summer
- Fire Emblem Fates - Summer
- Super Mario Maker - Q3
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - Q3
- Pokemon Super Myster Dungeon - Autumn
- The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes - Q4
- Yakuza Zero - March 2015
- MLB 2K16 - March 2016
- NBA 2K16 - September 2016
Camelot needs more time for a new Eclipse game than they got in real life for Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash. Their Sonic Tennis game would be released circa Summer 2016.
A Sonic collection could be released in 2015 to bridge the gap between Lost World and the 25th anniversary title. Perhaps it would consist of the "Adventure Trilogy" and Heroes w…
Read more >
I enjoy making these, so here is how I imagine someone reacting in real time to these press conferences. Note that all four are traditional, unlike IRL's E3 Nintendo Direct.
Focusing mainly on 2014 today, 2015 to be discussed at a later date
Sonic Boom, Bayonetta 2, Sonic Chronicles, Alien: Isolation, NBA 2K15
In 2015, Scalebound and Yakuza: Ishin
Blast Delivery for 20 minutes
- 8:30 - Just reached my seat
- 8:34 - @Kirbyfan1337 No, I don't expect another Kirby game so soon for the Stream after we just got Triple Deluxe on the Game Boy
- 8:38 - My prediction: Lots of notable games, but few surprises this year
- 8:43 - This is just the Stream event, so there should be a fairly focused conference.
- 8:46 - I heard rumors that there will be a 3rd party debut or…
Read more >
This Blog will be where I do some sandboxing for the events of E3 2014 in Ohga Shrugs. Today, I'll be doing a preliminary guess at what Nintendo, Sega, and others would show off, and will make changes based on next week's events IRL.
- The focus is on big games for the Stream and Game Boy 3DS
- Stream Games include Zelda, Animal Crossing 5, Super Smash Bros 4, Fire Emblem, Mario Party 10, and Yarn Yoshi.
- Game Boy 3DS Games include Pokemon G3 remakes, Super Smash Bros 3D, F-Zero 3D, WarioWare 3D and Ocarina of Time 3D.
- Quality of Life technology is also mentioned, to be elaborated upon later
- Conclusion: Nintendo has a solid lineup for both of their systems, and is not going anywhere.
- Split between software and services
- Big games for the Eclipse include Sonic Boom, B…
Read more >